For over 40 years, Parallel Products has been the leader in renewable energy and biofuels production within the recycling community. Our core business of creating ethanol from waste consumer goods has become a baseline for a burgeoning industry... Waste-Derived Renewable Fuels.
Our unique application of fermentation and distillation technology creates complete recovery and recycling opportunities for our customers. This reclamation option provides environmentally sound solutions and alternatives to hazardous waste disposal for those in the Beverage, Chemical, Health/Beauty and Pharmaceutical industries.
Each year, via fermentation of sugar laden liquids and the distillation of alcohol based products, Parallel Products produces over 6.5 million gallons of waste-derived ethanol.
2. Industrial Ethanol Products: Ethanol is blended to make specific SDA (Specially Denatured Alcohol), CDA (Completely Denatured Alcohol) and other TTB regulated formulas. These products are used in a wide array of applications by many industries.
As a renewable resource, ethanol has many significant environmental benefits. For example, when used as a fuel additive in automobiles, ethanol:
- • Reduces tail pipe emissions and greenhouse gases by up to 10%
- • Reduces emissions of carbon dioxide - a highly toxic gas - by up to 30%
- • Results in a net reduction in ground-level ozone, a major component of urban smog and a health hazard to children and adults with respiratory problems
- • Helps to reduce our country's dependence on imports of foreign oil